Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our First Week

Our first week in Roswell has been great. We have already seem most of the town plus explored Artisia. Roswell is small and a little dumpy but I am really starting to like it. Their are amazing parks here and lots to see and do.

Thursday I took the kids to the zoo. Its about as big as Willow Park Zoo in Logan but it has better animals, and it was one of the most bizarre times I have had at a zoo. All of the animal were up and active. Our first bizarre experience was the antelope. He walked right up to the front of the cage and growled at us. I know your thinking "hmmm antelope don't growl" but this one did, it was weird.

Our next bizarre encounter was at the bear and mountain lion cages. The Bear "Otto" walked to the front of the cage and sat down in the cute bear pose that makes you want to hug them. He stayed there until we left.


Bret and Bart the mountain lions acted like they wanted to eat the girls. They were pacing the front of the cage and growling at us. One kept leaping on a log in the middle of the moat, that separated the living area from the fence, and staring at us. They seemed particularly interested in Eli.


Next we went to the kid area. They have goats and llamas. There we witnessed what I believe was a goat courting ritual. It consists of the Alpha goat butting the female in the butt and then blowing raspberries at her. It was the weirdest thing. We also saw two younger goats practicing their head butting.

If you have ever been to Hogal Zoo in Utah you might remember the lion drinking fountain. We have several pictures of us sticking our heads in the lions mouth, so I though I would take a picture of my girls doing the same. When I told them to stick their heads in his mouth they weren't very receptive to the idea. This is as close as I got them.



Outside of the Zoo they have a great park. Bailee played on everything and Eli stayed in favorite spot, the swing. I did get her to climb into the rocket with Bailee so we could go down the slide. I thought the slide would be really fast since it was metal. NOPE!! Have you ever had a wedgie from your jeans? NOT FUN!





On Saturday Bailee participated in the Chalk Art Festival. She drew and amazing picture and had a great time doing it. She was very serious about her work. She would watch the other artists and then try and copy what they did. She would color they blow the chalk dust away and then smear the chalk just like the other people. It was very cute.






Sunday was interesting. i was sitting in sacrament (yes I actually made it to sacrament) and a lady I played volleyball with in high school walked in. Crazy huh. They have been here three years. What are the odds of us meeting in Roswell. Its a small world when your Mormon.

1 comment:

Sara Adams said...

How cool is the "Chalk Art Festival"! What a great idea.
Hope you guys are having fun...miss ya!